Vote any time at the District Electoral Office
Every constituency has a District Electoral Office (DEO).You can visit the DEO and vote anytime between now and election day. Just be sure to bring the correct ID. Vancouver-Point Grey’s DEO office is located at:
312-2083 Alma St, Vancouver (“Jericho Village”)
Open April 11-May 9th. Only open until 4pm on May 9th.
Open 9am-5pm Mon-Fri, 10am-4pm Sat, Closed Sunday. Closed on Good Friday (April 14)
Open 8am-8pm during Advance Voting
You can vote with (1) of the following:
- BC driver’s licence
- BC Identification Card (BCID)
- BC Services Card (with photo)
- another card issued by the Government of B.C. or Canada that shows your name, photo and address
Or any two pieces of ID or documents that both show your name. At least one must have your current address. More info on what ID is acceptable for voting can be found on the Elections BC website.
A voter without acceptable identification can be vouched for by another individual, known as a voucher. The voucher must be a registered voter resident in the voter’s electoral district, or a spouse, parent, grandparent, adult child, adult grandchild or adult sibling of the voter.
For all the details about vouching please contact our office or Elections BC at 1-800-661-8683
There are several days before May 9th when extra polls are open, and you can vote early in locations other than just at the District Electoral Office. Advance voting days are:
April 29 and 30, May 3, 4, 5 and 6
Advance voting locations are open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m on advance voting days. All voters can vote at any advance voting location, and all advance voting locations are wheelchair accessible.
Your advance voting places in Vancouver-Point Grey are:
- Kitsilano Community Centre, 2690 Larch St (open all advance days)
- Jericho Hill Centre, 4196 W 4th (open all advance days)
- St. Anselm’s Anglican Church, 5210 University Blvd (open May 3, 4, 5, 6 only)
- Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, 2325 W 7th Ave (open April 29th and May 6th only)
- UBC AMS Student Nest, 6133 University Blvd (April 29th ONLY)
Vote by mail
You can request a vote by mail package from now until 4 p.m. on May 9. Packages can be requested by calling 1-800-661-8683 or online from Elections BC. The completed package must be returned to the district electoral office that issued the package by 8 p.m. on May 9.
On election day
Here are the polling places for election day. Each voter in the riding is assigned a specific voting location where they may vote. It is faster to vote at your assigned voting location, but if this is not convenient for you, you may vote at any voting place. You may check your assigned voting location with your postal code by using an online Elections BC tool here.
On Election Day all voting places are open 8am-8pm. Below is a complete list of all Election Day voting places in Vancouver-Point Grey:
- St. James Community Square, 3214 W 10th Ave
- General Gordon Elementary School, 2896 W 6th Ave
- Bayview Community School, 2251 Collingwood St
- Kitsilano Secondary School, 2550 W 10th Ave
- Carnarvon Elementary School, 3400 Balaclava St
- Tenth Church, 1805 Larch St
- Steeves Manor, 1985 Wallace St
- Kitsilano Neighbourhood House, 2325 W 7th Ave
- Lord Byng Secondary School, 3939 W 16th Ave
- University Hill Elementary School 5395 Chancellor Blvd
- West Point Grey United Church, 4595 W 8th Ave
- Norma Rose Point Elementary School, 5488 Ortona Rd
- Wesbrook Community Centre, 3335 Webber Lane
- UBC AMS Student Nest, 6133 University Blvd